Location and Size
· The Republic of Paraguay is one of only two landlocked countries in Central South America.
· The country is divided by the Paraguay River in two sections; the forested eastern side and the low, rolling plains on the western side.
· Bounded to the north and north-west by Bolivia, to the east and north-east by Brazil, and to the south and south-west by Argentina.
· The land area is 406,752 square kilometres.
Principal Commercial Centres
· Asunción is the political, financial, administrative and chief commercial centre.
· Other centres include Concepción, Ciudad del Este, Encarnacion and Villarrica.
Weights and Measures
The metric system is utilised.