Who are we?
The Vukani Petroleum and Energy Institute was launched in September 2000, based on the Corporate University concept, to provide a comprehensive range of training and development services to support the Petroleum and Energy industries in South Africa and Africa as a whole.
We recognised the functional and strategic role of energy in economic development and the need to build capacity in this sector in the region to ensure its optimal application. To meet these vital requirements, we have formed partnerships with local and international organisations to offer a broad range of specialised knowledge and skills, education and training.
At the same time we strives to fill the gap in terms of skills shortages in the region and to empower its previously disadvantaged communities to participate fully and effectively in the energy sector through accredited, tailored, quality programmes and courses.
To provide relevant technical training and development opportunities by creating a center of specific training excellence in Africa. We strive to be the preferred service provider for all learning requirements in the Petroleum and Energy industry, thereby making a contribution to the economic growth of the country and Africa, and the development of its peoples.
We in Vukani, through our International linkages and local capability, are able to provide petroleum and energy industry specific solutions to our clients. A strong technology focus is a key output, with the development of technical and technological skills, as key focus areas.
Our unique ability to guarantee added value to learners and stakeholders through effective programmes in both up and downstream sectors, and subsequent linkage to leadership and management development, make us the service provider of choice. Integration of learning through nationally and internationally accredited programmes differentiates us, leading towards a ‘learning-to-learn’ culture within the industry. We value our partnership relationships with our clients in the industry.
- World-class training and outcome-specific based education to local and regional based clients.
- A diverse range of courses and programmes suited to the growing requirements of the oil and gas industry in Africa, made possible through our international partnerships.
- Highly qualified course lecturers drawn from the wider body of international and locally based professionals
- Specialised, as well as general training for employees engaged in the fields of oil, gas, petrochemicals and broader business world.
- We specialise in offering any of our courses on an in-house basis and tailored to individual client needs and delivered at client venues, inside SA or throughout the region.
- Highly competitive cost structures based on the attractive SA Rand vs. US$, UK£ and EU currencies.
- · A world-class business school training venue and hotel accommodation in the renowned V&A Waterfront business and entertainment development, in one of the world’s most beautiful cities. Note too; an extensive local, inter-Africa and international airline network serve Cape Town.
Vukani Partnerships & Alliances
Vukani has formed strategic alliances with inter alia Institut Francais du Petrole, Port Elizabeth Technikon and the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology.
To maintain a world-class training and education curricula for the industry, we shall ensure that these strategic partnerships will benefit all who participate in our development programmes. The wealth of information and expertise created through such alliances ensures the highest quality standards within the industry.